Today I’m sharing a glimpse into my First Year Baby Photography Package with baby Calvin. As I photographer I love getting the chance to build a strong relationship with families and babies, and this package allows just that. So when Mom, Leah, signed up for the First Year Photography Plan I was excited to get the chance to watch Calvin grow… and grow he did! From his first newborn session (look at those tiny fingers) to eating squash at 6-months to walking at his one year shoot, it has been an absolute joy to capture his first year!
Being able to capture not one but many big milestones through photographs in the first year is priceless. Calvin’s mom Leah shares her experience and why she is a huge fan of the One Year Baby Photography Package…
Q & A with Calvin’s Mom Leah
1. Why did you feel it was important to capture Calvin’s first year of life through professional photos? I had heard from other moms that the first year goes by so quickly and that you get to used to what your child looks like at their current age that it’s hard to remember them being small. We thought it would be a great memory to look back on to see how he grew and changed in that first year when they are growing and changing so much. I also feel like the first year feels like a long time and you don’t notice the incremental changes along the way until all of a sudden your baby looks like a little kid, and I wanted to be able to remember how he looked over the first year. We take photos on our own, too, but having a series of intervals set for us was helpful in making sure we had really nice quality photos of Calvin that captured his progress.
2. What do you love most about the photos? I love how Mira captured Calvin’s personality at each age. I can get a sense of what he was like as a person, not just what he looked like, from the photos. I also just love having family portraits at each stage – it’s neat to see how we all changed together as a family. She did a good job of situating us so that there was a nice background to the images as well.
3. What have you done/or plan to do with all the photos so far? So far I’ve just stared at them on my computer, haha. But I’m planning to either make a printed album, or to hang up a series of one image from each photo shoot framed up together. Likely both, when I get around to it.
4. What did you like most about working with Mira? I really liked how Mira was able to find poses for Calvin that didn’t look posed, that seemed to capture him in action. He’s a very active baby, always on the move, but she was able to capture nice moments of him both in action as he moved around and the rare moments when he sat still to look at a book. Mira was also very professional and gave us good direction during the family portraits of how to hold our heads and how to sit so that the images were nicely composed.
5. Would you recommend the year package to any expecting or new moms? I would definitely recommend the first year package to new moms! Even though it can feel like it moves at a snail’s pace when you’re in the thick of it, it goes by so quickly and you forget so fast what they were like when they were tiny. It’s really meaningful to me to be able to look back at really beautiful pictures of Calvin and to see what he was like as a little guy. I know I’ll cherish these photos for years to come.
Preview all the photos below –
Such a cutie, right?! If you’re thinking about a One Year Photo Package please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions. You can also click here to learn more about the One Year Photography Packages. Our goal is to capture the baby around 4 months, 8 months, and 12 months.. I find this is when major milestones often to occur, but the timing is flexible and can be tailored to your family’s needs. Booking the photography package results in a $500 savings. Learn more about my pricing here.
Thanks for reading & viewing!
Mira with Mira Whiting Photography