Spring is in full bloom and it feels like we’re jumping right into summer! Warm weather brings good moods all around, so bring on the outdoor photo sessions! Now is the best time to get the family together to capture unforgettable moments – Check out my 5 tips below for the best photo ops this summer!
- Head on over to the beach – A must-take and at the top of the list! We’re lucky enough to live by the coast, but whether you go to the beach every week or are going for vacation, be sure to get a photo of your toes in the sand. Wake up the family early for an early morning photo session (your probably up anyways).
- Have a family picnic at a local park – I just hosted our spring mini sessions at the Arlington Reservoir and it was the perfect day. Summer days will be no different, so pack a picnic and take photos with family over lunch in the park. You can bring flowers and bubbles for the kids for a dynamic photo session.
- Go out for ice cream – Cool off… As if you needed a reason to enjoy your favorite ice cream! Run, don’t walk to your local ice cream parlor for the ultimate summer photos. I l love getting shots of food at special events and think it’s fun to incorporate this into a summer day.
- Take photos outside of your home – With the plush grass and flowering trees, it’s nice to take photos at your home; Sit on your front steps or play a game in the back yard. Not only will you have memorable family moments, it’s nice to look back at your house to see how it changes over the years and from season to season.
- In the pool – Summer is for relaxation – Grab your favorite pair of shades and lay back with a good book. Take photo of your family lounging by the pool or an action shot of the kids jumping into the water because this session definitely screams summer.
No matter where you take photos or what you do, remember to just have fun!
I absolutely love photographing the everyday and special moments. I specialize in family photography and would love to help you this upcoming season for a fun, family photo shoot. Feel free to reach out if you want to set up your summer session! – [email protected]
Thanks for reading!